I love a protein style breakfast and eggs are my favourite. Most of us don’t have time to prepare eggs in the morning so this is a great recipe to pre-prepare so you've got your breakfast ready to go! The added bonus it that it’s really easy to make.
I use mini pies dishes bought from the supermarket and I bake 2 at a time so I have the next 2 breakfast meals covered. You could also use a small loaf tin if you prefer.
Ingredients (based on 2 frittatas):
Chopped up vegetables of choice (I used capsicum, mushrooms and asparagus but you can put in whatever you like)
6 large eggs (if you are using a larger vessel you will need more eggs)
Salt and pepper
Avocado to serve (optional)
1. Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees
2. Sauté the vegetables in a teaspoon of butter until just soft (you can skip this step if you're short on time)
3. Crack your eggs into a measuring jug, add salt and pepper and whisk
4. Add your vegetables and stir to mix the vegetables through the egg mixture
5. Pour half the mixture into each pie dish (or other tin)
6. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the centre is baked through. You can tell if the egg mixture is baked in the middle by gently tipping.
I like to serve with some avocado on top. The protein of the eggs and the good fats from the avocado keep me satisfied through to lunchtime!